Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 4 hours
Servings: 4 | Calories: 380 | Sugar: 9g | Fat: 19g | Carbs: 39g | Fiber: 14g | Protein: 16g
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 ½ cups lentils, uncooked
- 8-oz. can tomato paste
- 1–16.7-oz. can full-fat coconut milk, divided
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 4 cups cauliflower
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add in onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Put in slow cooker.
- Add lentils, tomato paste, 1 ½ cups of the coconut milk, water and seasoning to slow cooker on low for 3 to 4 hours, or until tender.
- When ready to serve, steam cauliflower until tender. Add to medium bowl and mash with fork until well blended. Add reserved coconut milk and sea salt to taste and serve with lentils.