Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 | Calories: 312 | Sugar: 4g | Fat: 9g | Carbs: 32g | Fiber: 11g | Protein: 25g
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 12 oz. ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges
- In skillet, melt 1 tsp. coconut oil and brown turkey. Set aside.
- In a separate skillet, sauté onions in remaining coconut oil until browned, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add sweet potato and cook, stirring until it browns, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, jalapeño and cumin, and sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in black beans and turkey, and cook until heated through.
- Top with cilantro, season with pepper and serve with lime wedges.