Prep Time: 20 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 4 | Calories: 370 | Sugar: 2g | Fat: 11g | Carbs: 37g | Fiber: 7g | Protein: 32g
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 2 limes, juice and zest of one lime
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spritz bell peppers with cooking spray, and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a 10-inch skillet, heat olive oil. Add in onion, turkey, chili powder, paprika and salt, stirring occasionally until thoroughly cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, add quinoa, lime zest and juice, and salt to taste. When turkey mixture is done, add to medium bowl with cilantro and mix to combine.
- Fill bell pepper halves with turkey mixture and bake, uncovered, in the oven for an additional 10 minutes.