Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 12 hours
Servings: 2 | Calories: 460 | Sugar: 2g | Fat: 32g | Carbs: 7g | Fiber: 5g | Protein: 31g
- 8-oz. skirt steak
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Himalayan sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients for dressing. Reserve half for the salad. Add the other half to glass container and add steak, onion and pepper. Marinate in refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove the steak, onion and pepper from the marinade and discard juices. Add pepper and onion to a square piece of foil and fold.
- Grill steak 2 to 3 minutes per side, while keeping the foil packet to the side of the grill (or use indoor grill pan).
- Remove steak from grill and leave peppers and onions on low heat,
- Add romaine and remaining dressing to large bowl. Toss to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the steak, add 4 ounces to each plate with ¼ avocado and divide salad.