Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings: 5 | Calories: 327 | Sugar: 2g | Fat: 7g | Carbs: 53g | Fiber: 11g | Protein: 16g
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 ¼ cups quinoa, uncooked
- Make “flax egg” by soaking flax in 3 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, add olive oil, garlic, flax egg, Italian seasoning, tomato paste, salt and pepper, coconut flour, lentils and raw oats. Pulse/blend until mixture is smooth but still somewhat chunky.
- Roll into 10 equal-sized small balls.
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with aluminum foil. Bake meatballs for 20 minutes at 350 degrees, until browned.
- Meanwhile, add vegetable stock to small saucepan and add quinoa.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes or until cooked through, and fluff with fork.
- Serve meatballs with quinoa. Two meatballs and ¾ cup quinoa is a serving.